Thursday, January 04, 2007

Five things you don't know about me

Zoe tagged me on this one, so here goes…

1. I’m an avid ukulele player. The uke is one of the best instruments there is and it makes all kinds of music sound great...

2. Learned Spanish simultaneously along with English as a tot. I love languages and because of my background as a musician, I pick up tones very easily. Been studying Chinese and Hindi over the last few years…

3. At 13, traveled throughout Europe with friends John and Dan. We were chaperoned by a history teacher who spent the entire adventure getting severely tanked and trying to pick up birds. While skiing in the Swiss Alps during that trip, we ended up helping with an avalanche rescue (while the teacher got sloshed in the chalet the entire time - "Ein Pint Bier bitte!")…

4. I dislike pork and ham with a passion and prefer French wines to California wines...

5. One of my idols growing up was former baseball player Pete Rose. After an All Star Game, my older brothers took me to the hotel to get his autograph. As I held up my game program for him to sign with wide eyes, he frowned and chortled, “Get out of my way frumpy little kid!” From that day forward, Hank Aaron took his place…

No comments: